Old Mon, Apr-21-14, 03:27
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisMama
So far, I'm not brave enough to do this.

I've finally pulled the fat clothes out of my closet - they were all mixed in with smaller clothes for a few months, but when I pulled out my summer stuff I piled them up. But I haven't even reconciled myself to putting them in a box in the basement yet, let alone giving them away.

I'm sure I'm not the only one here who has lost before, and regained. I have a very different mindset now than in the past -- all my focus is on staying attentive to my weight long-term, and letting the scale take the time it needs to settle at whatever weight that will be, but still, just chucking all the fat clothes feels too drastic. I did that in the past and then rebuilt a fat wardrobe.

Right now I'm toying with the idea of sealing up boxes and putting a date 5 years out - and in 5 years when I'm more confident of my ability to maintain my loss I can get rid of them.

Lost/gain weight my entire life...I understand completely where you are coming from, ParisMama. My mindset is different this time around as well -- hence getting rid of all my "FAT" clothes. Einstein said (and I'm paraphrasing poorly too): "Stupidity is repeating the same action over and over and expecting a different outcome." I figured that since in the past, I'd have kept my "FAT" clothes, this time -- out they go!! I refuse to regain and I will not have need for those "FAT" clothes ever again!

Wishing all of us continued success on our personal LC WOE journeys!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've lost 1/2 myself (125 lbs) in 41 weeks!!

“Success is not Final. Failure is not Fatal.
It’s the Courage to Continue that Counts.” Winston Churchill