View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Nov-01-02, 17:39
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/308.0/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 32%

Sorry I did not mean to offend anyone or to slight Atkins. However the thread of CAD overview and general rules was comprised of answers to questions on various threads. I thought it would be helpful to have them in one place. Also, this is the forum for CADers and is meant, I understand, to support and affirm the choice of those who chose this WOE.

I didn't mean to cause such an uproar and thought I would also show some of my other comments on the CAD board:

Quote:
Again, there are different levels of carb addiction and for some levels perhaps Atkins works for the long term. However, for the severe carb addict, (just my opinion) being stuck forever to induction for control of your disease is not living.

Quote:
The levels of carb addictiion can be even further complicated by SAD (seasonal affective disorder). SAD creates carb addicts in winter by the chemical reaction (lack of) in the brain serotin levels caused by lack of light intensity. You can imagine what effect carb addiction on carb addiction has. Often people are not carb addicts or can keep their addictions under control during late spring and summer month's, but when winter comes Look Out!!!

Quote:
I can not tell you what plan to choose. I can only recommend that you read through "Which low carb plan is right for me", but I can recommend that you read through the CAD book and see if it describes you. There is also a test in the book that helps determine your level/severity of carb addiction.

Quote:
If you are not a carb addict, perhaps you are not getting enough calories and have damaged/slowed your metabolism.
The solution to that is more food, limits of 12-16 ounces of protein (my suggestion) and patience. The body is a miracle of adaption and you abuse it at your own risk. It's a shame to say that many on Atkins cut calories by cutting out veggies when they should be adding them. However when adding, especially at first I would recommend sticking with the very low carb ones. However, you can still eat a lot of veggies for very few carbs.