View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Feb-28-06, 13:59

Plan: Less meat, more veg LC
Stats: 252/217/180 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 49%

Alena;

It sounds like your doctor is treating the symptoms without giving you the diagnosis? Am I reading that right? You think you have PCOS, but the doc hasn't really confirmed that?

It certainly sounds likePCOS to me, but you will need some bloodwork to confirm it.

Since you are young, I would highly highly reccommend you get a referral to an endocrinologist. There are medications they can give for the hair and acne which you will find helpful. With PCOS the hair/skin issues are caused by too much testosterone so you may not find accutane helpful,b/c the underlying hormonal issues are not addressed by accutane. This is why you need an endocrinologist.

You also may find birth control pills to be a big help, but don't go on them without an endocrinologist's advice.

Also, you want to be vigilant about your health and get the absolute best care possible so you have a long healthy life. You do not want the PCOS to progress to diabetes or other problems. It is fantastic that you have taken the initiative to reasearch your symptoms, keep that up, it will serve you well.

Good luck and do let us know how you're doing.

F