View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Oct-10-01, 17:52

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 300/248/130
BF:
Progress: 31%

Mama, I'm on Atkins but every now and then I have a CAD day, and I haven't had any problems with it at all. I've read the CAD book as well as Atkins and I can say that CAD is alot less restrictive in most ways. The biggest differences are, with CAD you can eat one meal per day that has carbs in it (though you're supposed to keep it balanced 1/3 protein, veggies, and carbs). The other two meals a day are strictly low-carb, like Atkins. But no eating between meals allowed on CAD. You have your two low carb meals and one "regular" meal, and that's it. With Atkins you can eat whenever you get hungry, even between meals. Those are the major differences I guess.

I thought about going on CAD, but chose Atkins instead because it was a much stricter program and that's exactly what I needed to kick the carb addiction. Plus I knew I would lose slower on CAD than Atkins, and I wanted to zzzoooooom down to a size 10, LOL. (Still not quite there yet)

Once I get closer to my goal weight I might switch to CAD, I'll have to see how it goes. The one thing I will warn you about is that switching to CAD might cause you to have more cravings. (Especially since you said you have a problem there) I'm very lucky in that I can eat one meal with carbs and not have any cravings afterwards. It's an occasional thing for me and it works. Just be careful. If you notice you're starting to crave more carbs, maybe try CAD only once or twice a week, and stay on Atkins the rest of the time. Tweak it a bit and see what works best for you.

Hope this helps somewhat until you get the book. I really thought the book was great.

Wendy