#24   ^
Old Thu, May-17-18, 14:20

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayflowers
Dr. Atkins was being kind. He came from a time where people thought it was insane to not have any carbs. Now many people who just eat meat are proving them wrong. He was just trying to keep his woe sane for the masses who believed that carbs were so important to health. Ancient man was a hunter who ate meat, with occasional fruit. Our genes haven't changed in 150,000 years.

While I genenally agree with your take that Atikins was trying to pave the way ....
I actually have a slighly different view on this point. Rather, he recognized the inherent value in vegetables like the vitamins and minerals that are not fulfilled by meats alone.

side note==Our commercially produced meats are NOT nearly as healthful as the grassfed meats.

We also ate many vegetable type foods because most fruits have a limited availablity. Most fruiting plants are good for 2-3 weeks generally, with some exceptions.

I see edible plants all around me: purslane, queens ann lace, dandilions....... when I am hungry I nosh on them..... these are un-cultivated varieties......I suspect that our human ancestors have been eating these vegies for a long time.

OTher wild vegies--

mushrooms
fiddle heads
sour clover
hazelnuts
american chestnuts
chokecherries

PS queens anne lace is now known as carrots.