View Single Post
  #40   ^
Old Fri, Jan-20-06, 06:30

Plan: Atkins-SCD
Stats: 125/99.5/110 Female 5 feet 2 inches
BF:
Progress: 170%

I didn't mean to say that I want to put my toddler on a strict LC diet. I meant what you guys said, cutting back on sugar (candy, cake, cookies, juices) and white bread, grains, cereal. I do give her tons of fruits and veggies, she also loves to snack on cheese sticks, and soft nuts that she can chew (pine). She is having a hard time because she got spoiled during the holidays and all of a sudden, no more sugary treats! She loves sugary cereal, but now I only give her cheereos or corn flakes. She loves white bread and doesn't like whole grain bread as much. That's why she whynes all day -she is craving sugar.
I believe LC is not just for weight loss. I believe it's the healthy way of eating, even for children. The body doesn't need a lot of carbs. Too much of it, even in the form of whole grains, will cause problems later in life - intestinal problems, diabetes, heart disease, allergies. I've done a lot of research and read a lot of stuff- both quack sites and reliable sources and I've come to the conclusion that we really need to minimize our carb intake (except for fruits and veggies) and go back to eating saturated fat instead of the disease causing vegetable oils (except coconut and olive). I want to best for my children.
It's just hard to make changes when the whole family lives on a high-carb diet and they are fat and sick but don't want to change the way they eat and think I'm crazy.