#5   ^
Old Wed, Jan-23-02, 08:28

Plan: Atkins for now.
Stats: 135/?/115? Female Short. 5"3
BF:Don't wanna know.
Progress: 15%

Quote:
Originally posted by BaileyWS
will that make losing even harder for me than it is now?

It won't be harder, it will still be about the same..they take your thyroid out your still going to be hypo, which is what makes it hard to lose weight..its not the meds...Although theres a natural drug called "Armour" that alot of ppl have an easier time losing weight on, but alot of dr's won't put their patients on it.

Uh oh ... I wasn't planning to be down that long. I'm a preacher and my doctor said I wouldn't feel up to preaching the next Sunday, but that I could be there, even read a little if I felt up to it. I planning to be back the following week ... I don't expect I'll be doing lots of home visits, etc. But I will be planning on working at the office -- planning, writing, reading etc. Is this too ambitious? [/QUOTE]

Nah I don't think you'll feel like preaching the next week, Id say deffinetly 2 weeks, but not after one week..It dosen't hurt to talk, but its like you won't have the breath for it..lol The ofice work you'll be able to do though. Thats like nothing, I was a cashier and went back after 3 weeks and I got really dizzy and tired..mostly from standing up all day though. lol

That averages to about 7 pounds per month, but it's actually more like 4 or 5 pounds per month now ... I lost 8 pounds during induction.

Thanks for writing ... my surgery is scheduled for February 6.
[/QUOTE]

Yea, from what I keep hearing thats an average weight loss when you have hypo..as much as that sucks...The more you weigh though supposedly the faster/more you lose though...
Hey heres a tip, take advantage of the weight you'll lose the first week! then right when you feel like eating normal again, try doing atkins right there..its like a head start! lol

Good luck!