Thread: Thyroid Surgery
View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jan-21-02, 21:08

Plan: Atkins for now.
Stats: 135/?/115? Female Short. 5"3
BF:Don't wanna know.
Progress: 15%

Hey, i had that done..I had the same thing..

I don't know what you mean by "adjusting to no thyroid meds"..After you have the surgery, you need them for the rest of your life bcause it replaces the actuall thyroid

As far as weight loss, I lost like 14lbs right after I had the surgery, but thats because I wasn't really eating anything..lol But Its still going to be hard because being Hypo slows your metabolism down and makes it hard to lose weight...So its going to be as hard as it is for you now...Altho I was on Levoxyl after I had it done, and I gained weight on that and It made me dizzy.

And recovery dosen't take too long ..The first 2 days are the hardest because you can't move your neck and your head. and you won't be able to yell..lol But I was fine after mine and even went back to work after 3 weeks..(which was way too soon, so I don't recomend it lol)

I'm just wondering...How long have you been doing Atkins? I just started and I've lost weight, but most of it was water..I tried Atkins a few months ago when I weighed less and I didn't lose anything..(even though I did some things wrong)..So I'm just wondering How much you have lost since doing it?

Hope that helped, and good luck!