#1   ^
Old Mon, Jun-11-18, 11:50

Plan: Keto
Stats: 339/338/220 Male 74'
BF:
Progress:
Default Day 1: 138 To Go

Hi Everybody,

Just started my first day of true Keto. I'm 338 lbs right now and targeting 200 lbs. I'd like to accomplish it in a year but we'll see what happens.

Found a Keto calculator and saw that my macros are:

Carbs: 27g
Fat: 178g
Protein: 107g

They say this puts me at about 8 lbs/month lost but I'm hoping to increase that w/ discipline (truly staying on track) and increasing intensity on exercise. First few weeks I plan to take it slow and let my body and mind adjust to the new lifestyle. I imagine the body will be hard (Keto flu and whatnot) but I already know the biggest challenge will be overcoming my brain. And not just my brain but a very specific part of my brain that somehow has the power to override my commonsense and rationale.

"I know this is very bad for me, I know I should be doing something good for me, I know all the reasons that I started this journey, but I'm going to eat this pizza anyway"

I've always been a big guy but I blossomed in college and it wasn't until the tail-end of my career there that I was able to lose about ~75 lbs to walk around at 275 (which is still big).

A few years later I'm back to 338 lbs and wishing I had somehow maintained the momentum when I was 275.

Anyway this is my big push. I've dabbled and failed in the past but this time it feels different. Even though I call this Day 1, I've been drastically cutting carbs since Friday. My last 'bread' thing that I ate was a pastry at the car dealership on Saturday when my car was being serviced.

I really want to see this through to my goal of 200 lbs. I have a growing support system at home with my little brother who has already lost over 100+ lbs so that is good, but I know the greatest threat comes when I'm alone.

Anyway, wasn't sure where to put this introduction of sorts. Tips and suggestions are most appreciated.

Thanks,

Tony
Sponsored Links