View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jun-23-15, 07:40

Plan: LC RPAH/FailSafe
Stats: 137/136/136 Female 67"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi, MP. I'm a tad shorter, 5' 7" and I weigh in the mid-130's most of the time. My vanity weight from younger years is 128-129, but I am not willing to live the way it would require for me to stay there. I have a medium build, perhaps on the large side of medium frame. Even at 140, most folks think I look slender. I just feel better about myself if I stay in the 130s.

I use the old-fashioned clothing standards , and wear very loose-fitting clothes, Misses size 12.

Here is the original document of industry clothing standards of 1971 , which was withdrawn in 1983, if I have those dates right.

This blog analogme gives some information as to how the size standards came about, and the previous standards. When I was in high school, my mother's clothes,

What I wore as a size 10 in 1973, was the same size as the older clothes from my mother, with a label marked "size 16".

I wish the industry had kept the same standards in clothing sizes.

Having been brought up with Twiggy and Audrey Hepburn, and the George Balanchine ballerinas, as examples of what women ought to look, the harsh mistress of vanity is still there.

Does all that help any?

Best wishes to you.