View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Oct-09-13, 04:15

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

There have been many threads on this forum about the Wheat Belly diet and Dr. Davis's plan had fans even before he published the book two years ago. The best source of information about the diet is from his own blog. He is very active on it and a search of subjects there will bring up his own detailed explanations. Here is his summary of the diet: http://www.wheatbellyblog.com/2012/...-quick-dirty-2/
LIMITED occasional non-gluten carbs like rice are allowed, but you should be careful about hidden sources of gluten, like soy sauce and others on his list, that may contribute to cravings or leaky gut. Some people call WheatBelly Paleo Lite, certainly it is more flexible and to me, far from extreme. My arthritis went away after three weeks of no grains and no sugar so whatever his rules, they are worth trying to see if you have pain relief.

My recommendation would be to follow the above guidelines for 3-4 weeks and then see what you can tolerate adding. At some point you should read his book...he is a funny and accessible writer and you will learn why his plan works for so many. I second his cookbook...it has a long introduction about the plan (but shorter than the book) and great recipes. A good palce o start and Both books may be in your library.

The stats are helpful to members when answering questions...have you just started a long weight loss journey? are you near goal and already at a healthy BMI? What plan are you using? How much to do know about LC?
Whatever plan you decide to follow, welcome and all the best,