View Single Post
  #65   ^
Old Mon, Aug-10-09, 08:07
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Great Eureka moment, Demi and thanks for sharing it!!!

I did enjoy this particluar blog from them....it does speak to a lot of what I've felt and thought too. Knowing women who have never had weight problems in their life and having asked them how they see and think about food....I came to see that it was their mindset and not their genes, that enabled them to manage their weight.

I do have to admit though, that I did need to learn what an actual portion of certain foods is.
I was at the grocery checkout yesterday when I had a moment. The girl doing the checkout for me was telling her friend what she going to eat for dinner...and I quote "fried chicken, rice, beans and avocado". I was like this: But I kept my mouth shut....until I couldn't keep it shut any longer and then I asked her if the avocado was her green veggie for that meal....and it was.
I then went on to tell her that it would be healthier for her to have 1/4-1/3 of the avocado as part of a green salad and that the avocado itself is very high in fat, albeit good fat...she does need to not eat the whole thing in one sitting.

I used to eat it all in one sitting...that along with hummus as I would down an 8 oz package it'd be gone in one sitting( the list goes on and on but I will refrain from it here). Not only did I not know what a serving size was...I didn't give a crap either....talk about having a shitty attitude.

I had to shift my attitude to learn all these things....but learn them I did.

Thanks again Demi!!

ps- I also want to add to this that those who manage their weight naturally through life, don't have all the drama about it they I've had...or that I see around here and all other sites on the 'net. They just do it!! No drama about it.