View Single Post
  #64   ^
Old Tue, Oct-28-03, 09:50
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 194/178.4/125 Female 5ft. 4 inch.
BF:?
Progress: 23%

Wow,

Thanks for this thread. I read the CAD book at Barns and Knoble a few days ago and I found it very, very interesting. I have read Sugar Busters and Atkins and of course you can see I am on Atkins right now.

I answered yes to enough CAD questions that I might give it a try. I have been on Atkins induction for over three weeks now and lost 5 pounds and gained and lost the same three pounds for two weeks now.

The most frustrating thing is "I did not cheat at all!"
My ketostix are purple to varing degrees every night. I only use Splenda in my drinks, it's in the Morning Lo-Carb Shakes and Diet-Rite. And, I have had the Jello SF gelatin and puddings, once or twice a week. They have aspertame, but other than that I don't have anything sweet.

I also have the "regularity" problem as well, and do eat my 20 grams of carbs in the form of healthy vegetables, but with some cheese and salad dressings, I have to cut them down to stay under the total of 20 grams of carbs per day. And I do dring a lot of water.

I have resisted Oreos, candy, chocolate, all kinds of things since my dh is not on a diet and will eat these things watching T.V. at night. I discovered that I do have willpower, so I am really dissapointed that I haven't lost more weight.

I am wondering if someone can answer a few questions for me. (I looked at the CAD web site and not much I could find), since I can't afford another book or anything right now, (I have spent a little more on food lately, and shakes and stuff which is not cheap. My dh has had to cut down on his junk food as a result

Okay...........here goes

1. The CM meals do they have to be consumed in a time limit say 1/2 hour or less? What amout the time in between these meals, I am not sure on that, one, two, or more hours?

2. Am I correct in understanding that the CM meals consist pretty much of the same basic, very low carb choices from Atkins induction, except for the Broccoli? But following a Low fat approach too?

3. I haven't weighed myself everyday, just once or so a week. (I need to buy a scale), but is this really necessary, or does it just help pyscologically?

4. I have been reading some journals on this site, on CAD, and it seems that some people just modify this diet with the Atkins Diet, but the timing and amount of the meals per day is the key?

From what I understand I will have to cut out the artificial sweeteners, lower the fat content of my low carb meals. Eat only two or three CM meals and one RM meal each day. Nothing in between at all. Drink Water at any other time of day. And, the sweetest part, eat one balanced, but including carbs, (potatoes, sugar, pasta, flour, bread,) meal a day, in under 60 minutes, and of course not overdoing it, and basically using a 1/3 protein, 1/3 fat, 1/3 carb, balance.

If I understand this correctly, I can do this diet! I miss my homeade bread, and meatloaf with mashed potatoes and stuff. I thought I would have to give them up for life. If I can have them once in a while in controlled amounts, I would be in Heaven.

Thank you for reading. I will now continue to read all your stories and finally figure out what works for me.

Thanks for all your help,

Tracy