#25   ^
Old Sat, Feb-22-03, 02:26
Registered Member

Plan: montignac
Stats: 140/140/125
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default re

thanks for the milk tips. here we have whole milk that tastes like pure cream that almost everyone drinks, but only with coffee, i have never seen anyone in europe have a glass of milk, and then lowfat is 2.7%, and skim milk is so rarely bought, that it can only be found in UHT, which is the kind that has been processed so you can keep it in your closet for months. the taste is not very good. i drink gallons of fresh skim milk whenever i go to countries that have it.
i wonder if i am just being nitpicky over which milk to use. i do have the somersize books, to me she almost directly copied montignac, and her recipes are to die for. she says to use whole cream for protein lipid meals. according to her, if you have one little slip, like regular milk with this meal-something illegal, then the whole meal will be stored as fat. her rules are very precise and must be followed. i find montignac is a bit more relaxed, but maybe that is just because i cannot interpret his rules properly. suzanne says to freely eat cheese and cream, which i dont think is a very good thing. she also encourages to have only a few carb meals a week til you have lost weight, which i do not like.
have you heard of the fat fallayc book? i have just read and liked it. similar to montignac. the author went to france, lost alot of weight eating fatty foods, and wrote a book about it. he says to eat very small meals, absolutely no chemicals of any kind, only natural foods, to prepare things beautifully, and eat super slowly, really appreciating and savoring the food. he encourages full fat products, like whole milk and cheese. it reminded me of the way i ate in france, and i got thin as a rail. he does say that if you are sensitive to the croissants and sugars after years of overeating sugar or dieting, then you should eat only healthy carbs for 2 months to heal you pancreas. sounds like montignac.
anyway, will write again in 2 weeks!