#23   ^
Old Fri, Feb-21-03, 08:45
Registered Member

Plan: montignac
Stats: 140/140/125
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default re

thanks for the encouraging post! my husband and i are leaving for holidays now. he is from austria and they have perfect montignac food there, fresh grainy breads, fresh skim milk, wonderful salads with pumpkin seed oil, and grilled meats and veggies. i will forgo the cakes and pastries, but do intend to thorougly enjoy a coffee each day. i have started to like the taste of coffee without sweetener, and i can really tell what is good coffee now without it masked by chemicals.
my friend who told me that no diet will work twice is a ctually an anti-diet counselor. she used to diet, and has tried everyone, even interesting ice cream diets that make no sense, now trains people on how bad diets are. one thing is that i really dont see montignac as a diet as it does not involving obsessive counting or hunger, just making a few healthy choices with respect to gi and combination. i honestly eat quite a bit of food. i hate to be hungry, i get very cranky. even though i do really hope to lose some weight eventually.
i sat at a bookstore today and read his diet for women book. he seems to recommend whole milk with protein lipid breakfasts in one part, and then stresses the importance of having skim milk to balance the fat. which do you think is correct?