#9   ^
Old Thu, Aug-18-11, 07:52
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Those are really wonderful, Robin!
With that list, its no wonder that you were never overweight.

I've had to learn hard lessons that forced me to make serious changes in the way I view and feel about food. I was(and am still to a certain degree) and real addict when it comes to certain foods. I needed to learn just how I used to use sugar and flour as my drugs of choice. Extreme stress for many years, put me into that situation.

I've written about this in my journal and success story. I've lost and regained too many times to even try to count. I'd never actually lost all my weight in 15 yrs of trying, until this time. This time was different for me....very different!!
When I first got to my goal weight, I was terrified that I wouldn't be able to maintain it. It felt as if I was all alone in it then as nobody I knew was maintaining back then. That was when I decided to see if anyone out there wanted to weighin with me each week here. That was 5.5 years ago. Most of the original people have stopped weighing in with us but I'm still here and doing it each week.

During my weight loss time, 20 months of it, I had gotten it that this was going to be the way I eat for life. I realized that if that was to become my reality with food, that it had better be interesting and varied to keep my attention. I had to learn how to cook and stop looking for fast and easy ways to get food into my mouth. Cooking became a sort of hobby for me. It had become my WOE for life!
Because I journaled my food daily into my journal here(800 days in a row) and ate according to the meal plan guide from the SBD, I became very adept at eating this way. I allowed myself to have an old favorite food/treat( a bagel or pasta) once a month while in weight loss mode. I have not had either in about 2 yrs now so it appears that I've weaned myself from those foods.

But, because I ate according to a plan that encourages us to eat fruit and veggies and small amounts of starch daily, I did not trash my thyroid being in menopause. I still eat the same way I ate to lose the weight.
I walk 5-6 hours daily for my work and that helps a lot!!
I used to weigh daily but now weigh a couple of times per week.

I do not believe in doing zero carb for weight loss when it causes such feelings of deprivation that binging becomes common place. I've seen that scenario way too many times on this site....sorry to say.