View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Sep-15-14, 18:25
Forum Moderator

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

I don't eat semi low carb - I eat very low carb. I'm sorry if I was suggesting otherwise. Nor am I meaning to suggest you need to eat very low carb, just that it's the only way that has worked for me.

I know all the pundits and doctors say to eat high fibre, but there is really no evidence out there - and believe me I have searched! - to say that high fibre actually helps. It's just a part of that whole main stream stuff, along with the low fat dogma, that doctors put so much faith in. When my former doctor retired and I switched to my current one, he assumed I was eating lots of fibre, and was surprised when I told him that that was exactly what triggered the attacks. So he kind of said, "Ah, well, just keep eating what keeps you healthy then." He doesn't really approve of low carb either, but he does approve of the 30 kilograms I have lost, and the fact I no longer need blood pressure tablets.

What do I eat? Yesterday I had:
Two hardboiled eggs chopped with butter on one slice white toast (which I eat once in a blue moon. We only had bread in the house because it was DH's birthday this week and I promised him bread and butter custard. His favourite - I can't stand the stuff.)
Lunch: Asian style mince/ground beef soup with mushrooms
Dinner: simple chicken curry from curry paste (strained to get any "bits" out) and made on cream. No vegies.
That's a fairly standard day for me. Except the bread I guess.