View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Wed, Jul-31-13, 21:21

Plan: One meal a day CAD style!
Stats: 235/212/140 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 24%
Default One Meal A Day Club

I am starting this for all the people out there doing extreme Intermittent Fasting, following Carbohydrate Addict's Diet or the newer Carbohydrate Addict's LifeSpan Program with the one hour Reward Meal (or basically just doing what the author of the CAD books did which was to eat one meal a day and she claims to have lost 150 pounds).

I have been doing versions of CAD and CALP now for over 9 months (started November 1st, 2012) and have slowly changed to eating most days one meal only. I was 235 lbs when I started and the lowest I have been in the 9 months was 213. I also lost over 4 inches off my bust, 5 inches off my waist, 3 inches off my thighs, and 2 inches off my biceps in that time frame.

I do daily wts and weekly averages as outlined in the books. I also try most days to follow CALP guidelines by balancing my meal which means a minimum of a 2 Cup salad, 1/3 protein/fats, 1/3 low carb veggies, 1/3 carbs of my choice. I can't say I am 100% "balanced" but overall my daily intake tends to be 1 part protein/fats, 1 part low carb veggies, and 1-2 parts carbs. Also, I do not exercise above my normal fairly active lifestyle. I drink plenty of water and nothing else (maybe unsweetened herbal tea in colder months). I avoid caffeine, anything sugar free or artifical sweetened, or any low carb products outside of my one hour time frame. There are days when I am hungry and if so I will eat a meal of only low carb veggies (usually a large salad with ranch dressing) and some type of meat or eggs with cheese. The last 2 months however have mainly been one meal a day only!

I stay within a one hour time limit since I read in the CAD and CALP books about insulin release and wanting to limit my insulin surges are much as possible.

I have read CAD, CALP, the Heller's new The Stress Eating Cure Diet, The Big Breakfast Diet, The Reverse Diet, The 8 Hour Diet and many online articles on intermittent fasting, hyperinsulinemia (Insulin Resistance) and studies that show you can do low carb all day and still consume carbs during one meal and lose weight. There was even a study in Israel done with some police officers that supported the WOE as outlined in the CAD books.

There are some of us who have slowly due to lack of hunger and just plain wanting to see if it works who have switched and eat only one meal a day. I know I post on many CAD forums but I am one of the only "public" posters about extreme IF and eating one meal a day. I tend to relate most to the CAD/CALP folks but it is lonely among them as I know they cannot relate to me since they eat 2 other meals that are very low carb. Also since I am only eating one meal a day it tends to be large and contain much more carbs than the average CADer so it can be upsetting for some folks as they do not relate to being able to eat carbs in those amounts.

I also tend to switch my meal from early morning to afternoon from time to time to see if it affects weight loss or not. Personally I have found most days if I eat very early I do get hungry again much later in the day usually right before bedtime but because I don't like to eat so close to bedtime I have stuck it out. If I eat midday I am fine all morning and then again all evening so it really does carry me the entire 23 hours.

I just want to have a place for folks like me following more the way Rachael Heller did with her weight loss WOE that she mentioned in her books. Please post and join in!

MIW
Sponsored Links