View Single Post
  #14   ^
Old Sun, Jul-15-18, 08:55

Plan: Atkins Concept
Stats: 225/190/175 Male 70.5"
BF:
Progress: 70%

The glycerine in the ice cream recipe is a really interesting ingredient. You can feel the benefit to your lips while eating it!

Do you refrigerate the glycerine or store it at room temp?

I have been doing some varieties of the ice cream. We love it. But I use a sucralose/erythritol sweetener. Cant stand stevia.

The ice cream recipe make excellent pops, taking advantage of how it freezes solid. Right out of the freezer it bites perfectly as a pop. now I am on a search to find adult popsicle forms...most are child size, and only about half of the serving size...you have to eat 2 to feel satiated and they are a pain to make and clean.

The freezing is no match for the joy of having ice cream on a low carb diet. I'll take it any day over no ice cream.

Your chicken breader is very universal. The method is traditional, only the breading ingredients are different. I also made a chicken mozz (like chicken parm) where I pounded chicken breast portions to about 3/8" thick, breaded, cast iron skillet deep fried, then topped with mozz and under the broiler to brown the mozz and melt it a bit, then topped with a heavily seasoned sugar free pasta sauce judiciously. Fantastic. My wife said she would be raving over it if she paid $15 for it in a restaurant.

The fried mozz IS decadent...thats why I did it! Overcoming the diet restrictions of low carb with restaurant quality cooking is fantastic, it makes the whole trip more worthwhile. In the Atkins style method, you need fat...its what your body is eating when in Keto. Switching from Soutbeach to Atkins early on was the best thing I did...living low carb AND low fat is a miserable life. A massive European study found that serum cholesterol and fatty foods have zero effect on heart disease. Your genes...DNA...determines what will likely kill you if a natural death, including cancer. Granted, certain things like smoking and asbestos and obesity play a role in what disease you will get, but bacon is not going to kill anyone!

My educated opinion of course. Many on this site may disagree...and thats OK, its their life.