View Single Post
  #28   ^
Old Sat, Nov-25-17, 07:10

Plan: general lc
Stats: 214/146/130 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 81%

My sister is a recent convert to low carb. It took seeing me lose almost 40 pounds before she was willing to give it a whirl. But when she first began she thought low carb was a hokey weight loss thing - Definitely not healthy. But having done crazier things in pursuit of weight loss, she decided to give it a try anyway. She’s down 30 pounds so far and off her reflux meds. Her blood pressure meds have been reduced and she’s confident they’ll be next to go. She’s a true believer! She tells anyone who’ll listen that it’s not a diet, it’s a way of life.

This Thanksgiving, she went to our other sister’s house. This sister has always been a thin aerobicizer, but two of her adult kids (former athletes) are now very fat. One of them has recently given up wheat and his asthma and allergies are greatly improved. Somehow the conversation turned to the Atkins diet and that whole family began laughing about how ridiculous the whole idea of losing weight through a higher fat diet is. And the ridicule was led by the guy who’s found better quality of life going wheat free!

My still fat sister then pointed out that she’s lost thirty pounds so far and that I’ve lost fifty. They all shrugged their shoulders and moved on to a new topic. I hope shes planted a seed in them. I really think you have to experience life without carbs to realize the prevailing medical advice is just wrong.