View Single Post
  #27   ^
Old Fri, Nov-24-17, 22:33
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins / South Beach
Stats: 265/246/185 Male 71 inhes
BF:
Progress: 24%

Where I find "disdain" (to use the OP's choice of word) is in the line at WalMart when the person in front of me has a cart piled high with soda, junk snacks, mega-boxes of sugary cereal, and fozen pizzas and his/her morbidly obese children are clamoring over candy in the impulse aisle or begging to stop at Burger King on the way home.

I was at Denny's with friends a while back, when a family of three sat down at the table across from us. The kid was about nine or ten years old and very obese. I wasn't trying to evesdrop but the kid was quite loud when ordering. He ordered a double cheeseburger with fries and one of their signature milkshakes with pancake puppies (basically donut holes with powdered sugar and glaze to dip them in) for desert. Neither parent batted an eye. Denny's lists the calories on their menu items and I couldn't help but be curious. His meal came to over 3,000 kCal and he ate every bit of it even though he was breathing heavily and looking mildly ill by the time he pushed down the last of the pancake puppies.

My disdain isn't for the kids, whom I genuinely feel sorry for, but for the parents who seem oblivious to what they are facilitating happening to their children.