#19   ^
Old Wed, Nov-17-10, 06:45

Plan: Whole food, semi low carb
Stats: 165/165/140 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean1183
Hi, LAwoman75. I am originally from LA myself....Andalusia (if we are talking about the same LA you might have heard of it).

I am really dreading the upcoming holidays. Although I really love turkey & ham; I also like the dressing, mashed potatoes, and pie that accompany them.

My LA is Louisiana, never heard of Andulausia?
The holidays can be tricky because of all the carby things in front of us so often. For Thanksgiving, I will have my turkey, green beans, sweet potato casserole (made with splenda, walnuts, cinnimon, and butter). If you fill up on the 'better' things, you will be less likely to reach for the bad things like stuffing and pie. I try to cure my sweet tooth with the sweet potatoes. With that said, days like Thanksgiving and Christmas are very special, and sometimes, for some people, it's okay to let yourself have some pie or off-foods, as long as you understand that it's only for that meal/special day. Some here won't agree with that, but for me, I've splurged on holidays a little and have gotten right back on track the next days with no problem.