View Single Post
  #23   ^
Old Fri, Mar-18-05, 14:47

Plan: low refined carbs
Stats: 150/140/132 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 56%
Default puffy face, facial mucinoses (hoffman's syndrome)

Yes I have jaw pain, in the muscles I use to chew get puffy somtimes and ache and make a cracking noise because of all the muscular tension. I was looking up the symptoms online and there is a name for it, its called Hoffman's syndrome, a study shows that is may be in response to thyroid antibodies, or something attacking the thyroid. You said you had RAI treatment done, do you have any thyoid tissue left? how long ago was that? I think removing the thyroid through surgery may get rid of all this. I havent found too much info about it online. But there is a rise in creatine and muscular enzymes and increased production of mucus and it gets incorperated into skin and muscles somtimes causing hypertrophy (hoffman's syndrome). Do a search on google.

I have not been diagnosed hypothyroid, my TSH is 1.9 but I have to go and get tested at the doc. and get an ultra sound, and blood tests still. Im not sure if I have antibodies or painful hasimotos or who knows what is causing this stupid thing. It cant go on forever, its killing me. Do you have any abnormal labs, or tests for antibodies? get your creatine checked when you are having a bad day, it may be elevated then you can prove that you have a problem to your doctor. Does your thyroid still hurt? Mine does but on the left side more than the right. Is your face still looking fat?