View Single Post
  #22   ^
Old Sat, Aug-30-03, 02:13

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 237.6/229/135 Female 5'6''
BF:41/40/22
Progress: 8%
Thumbs up

Hi g35coupe..... You have gotten some wonderful advice here. May I please add that you should get Atkins New Diet Revolution and read it COVER TO COVER....then get his carb counter and REALLY go for it! You are doing several things wrong as previously pointed out. Let me just say this: Instead of pointing out the PROBLEMS with your eating, let's look at what you HAVE to do. OK...ready??

You cannot go more than 6 hours without eating (waking hours....nobody expects you to get up at 3am and make an omelette!)

You MUST drink a MINIMUM of 64 ounces of water...MORE is better.

You CANNOT restrict fat.......fat is what your body is using for fuel in place of sugar, essentially.

You MUST eat proteins, proteins, proteins...and that means meat!! Your body uses meat to extract amino acids which are the building blocks of muscle. OK....muscle weighs more than fat (which sometimes might make the scale look like you are gaining weight)....BUT, it is DENSER and BONUS OF ALL BONUSES...the more muscle you have, the more FAT you BURN! Amen to that!

Skip all the rubbish in your diet...an ocassional protein bar when you are on the go or a bag of 'rinds when you need some crunch are really ok. Nobody wants you hungry or dying for something sweet or crunchy. You have to eat WHOLE foolds...packed with nutrition to make you feel great and keep your body running. If you dump spent rocket fuel in a rocket bosster, will it fire? Nope...there's nothing left to burn! Take a can of tuna with you on the go......or some celery sticks with herbed cream cheese or a few cheese cubes. Nutriton and needed fats (minus carbs) in a baggie!

STOP WORRYING ABOUT FAT! Look at these boards.....people ARE losing weight!!! And they ARE eating FAT!

Watch yyour sodium intake. I don't know what an EAS bar has in it, but sodium will make you retain water. I know pork rinds have some...and so might that bacon you are eating.

Lose the diet sodas. Once you do, you'll happily drink water....add some lemon or lime juice and some Splenda for taste (poor mans lemon/lime ade....) You will find you want water all the time. In the beginning you will pee like a racehorse...soon your body will acclimate and it will stop making you go fourteen hundred times a day.

OK....there you go. Just some advice from me...also looking for the skinny me! Feel free to email me if you need a buddy. I am in the Netherlands (but am a former Southerner from South Carolina, born in Texas!). I'd love to help and be a buddy! ********