Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 330/320/280 Male 6'1"
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeKeenLass
Hi HT,

Great find! I am in the market for low/no-carb bbq sauce. What's used for sweetener in the ones you found? I don't do well with artificial sweeteners, but stevia (in small amounts) sometimes works okay. I was thinking I was going to have to come up with my own recipe. I do have a huge crop of tomatoes this year...

KL
The sweeter is Sucralose (Splenda) Does not specify what exact brand it is, but I imagine it is liquid.

What do you mean that you do not do well? Do you get sick or does it effect your weight loss? Me personally, I do not touch anything Aspartame, however I do use liquid Sucralose and have done great with it. I also like Truvia and the new natural Splenda is the same, but I realized that they both have carbs in it. There is also Xylitol, but I have dogs and I don’t use anything with warnings. My dogs are beggars, so I will not use anything that is a danger to them.

I have done well with liquid Sucralose. I am knocking on losing 70lbs and I use both granular Splenda and liquid. Keep experimenting, you may find something that works great for you.