#2   ^
Old Fri, Nov-01-02, 11:02
Forum Moderator

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
This is probably why, unknowingly, some Atkinsers refuse to leave induction even though their weight loss has stalled and their metabolism has lowered. They know instinctively and through experience that if they leave the strict carb levels of induction their hunger comes screaming back and they wind up binging.

Zuleikaa, I have to take issue with this statement.

Firstly, you are implying that Atkins Induction may stall weight loss and lower metabolism.
I have never seen any evidence of this. Many folk choose to stay on Induction for long periods and have wonderful weight losses. Here, we tend to encourage folk to move on from Induction so that they can begin more easily to prepare for maintenance.

And many, many studies have proven that metabolism is increased by eating more often. Not more food, the same amount of food, split into smaller meals eaten more frequently.
Remember, what works for you will not necessarily work for others and vice versa.

And my dear, I think that your statement about hunger coming screaming back is just plain wrong. The many thousands of folk who have succeeded by following either Atkins, Protein Power, of the myriad other plans would also disagree with you.
I doubt very strongly that the Hellers mentioned that in any of their books.

Zuleika, I am not dissing the CAD/CALP plan. I know it works very well for many folk. But that does not mean other plans don't work. They do.

Rosebud