View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Aug-11-17, 07:27
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

I'm too much of a hedonist to give up artificial sweeteners, but you're right, it's strange territory at first. For me and a lot of folks here, there was almost a 'mourning' period. All of the sudden, you're not eating to amuse yourself, sooth yourself and/or get that sugar/gluten opioid high.

I've been in maintenance for a decade and a half now, and I'm cautious about eating not-so-ideal foods. I don't like calling them 'cheats'. Anything with gluten is out. I didn't want to believe that I had a problem with it, but I do. I LOVE zucchini noodles and shirataki is decent, so I don't miss real pasta. I miss good bread, but it's more like I just miss the idea of it. There's no way it's worth the bodily consequences I suffer afterward.

I eat starchier veggies and some rice here and there, but I save it for dinner time. Once or twice a year, I'll have ice cream, but that doesn't come in the house... and I pay the price if I eat anything sugary. I'll get too sleepy, and it's too hard to stop at one bite, one small piece, etc. I just bought myself an ice cream maker so I can make my own LC ice cream.

Congrats on your success so far.