View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Mon, Aug-07-17, 19:18

Plan: deciding
Stats: 322/316/225 Male 74 inches
BF:
Progress:
Default I got rid of sugar, artificial sweeteners & grains & something odd happened

I just finished my 7th week and have dropped about 20 lbs so far from 322 to 302. My goal is 235. I tried super low carb, but I found really missed green veggies and tomato based dishes. I'm well below 80 carbs most days but I'm not anywhere near being in ketosis. I have put butter, steak, cheese and eggs back into my diet and given up all grains, sugars and artificial sweeteners. I count calories but not carbs directly. I have no "cheat" days.

I, like most of you, have dieted numerous times in the past and with the current low carb scenario unlike my low fat diets in the past where I was hungry all the time and had to fight myself the weird thing I have noticed this time is that I'm not craving stuff anymore, especially in the evening. In past diets it was an exhausting battle of the wills with my appetite, but these days after I get to around 1600-1800 calories in I'm good. This is strange territory.

Giving up artificial sweeteners was more of a battle for me than giving up carbs but I went cold turkey and it's worked out. I do wonder if this will have to be a complete dietary lifestyle change forever or can you ever go back to grains (I love sourdough bread and pasta) once you lose the weight. I suspect it's forever.
Sponsored Links