#3   ^
Old Sat, Apr-20-02, 18:19
Registered Member

Plan: sugarbusters
Stats: 270/242.00/142
BF:
Progress: 22%
Default insulin resistance- How proven?

With all the talk on the internet, I'm thinking even the worst senario, how does anyone measure insulin resistance?

What test are there for knowing how much is too much insulin? We know what too much sugar does. and how to measure that and what controls the use of it on the cell level. Why it's insulin!

So if you remove sugar and non complex carbs from your food intake, you prevent insulin from being produced! You think?

So what am I after? I keep getting what is perceived {not proven} to be gout! everybody says do not have a "rich" diet; do not eat foods rich in purines; do not drink alcohol;not one drink; do not eat cakes, pies and cookies;do not eat anything made with white flour; no oat meal; no spinach; no broths;no organ meats;no meats at all especially red meats; no asparagus;no lentils;then what?

I guess what I'm looking for is a list of what foods I can eat and then I will try to keep the gout from attacking and the insulin from pumping.

Taking some of this information and trying to make sense of it in our limited studies of nutrition and how the body works, I believe is becoming dangerous. But keeping with the old info is just not working either.

Needless to say I wish there were more info and non confusing theories to help us use the info that keeps coming at us.