View Single Post
  #156   ^
Old Wed, Mar-15-06, 05:33
Princess Sara

Plan: Dukan
Stats: 210/165.6/150 Female 5 ft 4 inches
BF:---
Progress: 74%

Getting over ourselves!! I spent soooo many years depressed and hating myself. I've been thin before, but I lacked maturity and confidence. In some way, the fat layers were barriers of protection. They served me or I wouldn't have kept feeding them.

I've done a lot of head and heart work during the two years it has taken me to get sober from food addiction and alcohol--and thin. I am gaining confidence in my real self.

My sense of humor helps me a great deal. "If we weren't crazy, we would all go insane." I appreciate this thread where I can speak tounge-in-cheek and remind myself not to take things too seriously. Losing a "significant amount of weight" is wonderful and disconcerting. Good change is still change. This is a safe place to ramble about the bizarre thoughts entering my head as I go through this time of self-discovery. I find most of them funny...I thought that was just me, but since this thread continues to grow, others seem to be cracking up and laughing as they transform themselves as well.

Thanks for giving me a place to laugh, celebrate, and share.
Have a giggle today!
Sara<><