#47   ^
Old Mon, Feb-15-16, 11:50

Plan: VLC
Stats: 331.8/182.0/175 Female 68.5"
BF:
Progress: 96%

Here is the link for the Isopure protein on Puritan's Pride:

http://www.puritan.com/brands/natur...isopurezerocarb

It shows the serving size to be 2 scoops for 50g protein! I will probably only have 1 scoop at a time as I DO eat protein through the day, and I don't want TOO much of an overload.

When I look at the food rating for bacon, it shows it to be an F. A fried egg is an F (a boiled is an N), so since my cream is an F+ I would need a pure P or P+ to balance it or I will be heavy on the fat. That is why I would prefer having a scoop of protein powder (P+) - I can whiz it up with a cup of almond milk (F+) and have a nice balanced morning shake. Easier and more pleasing than having to make ham or some other meat. Although I love bacon & eggs, I would actually prefer them for lunch!

From what I understood, an N food has a good balance of fat and protein, so you don't have to worry about adding something extra to it. A ground beef patty is an N, so I can have that at dinner with my condiments and some asparagus (P+) with butter (F+) and be a well-balanced happy camper. I already had a chicken breast (P+)/spinach (P+) salad with avocado (F+) and sour cream (F+) for lunch, so that is well balanced also. I wanted some of my yogurt (F+) as a snack today, so I will need a P to balance it. I am thinking of SF jello (P+). I may mix the yogurt with the jello as I make it so it is a creamy jello. That will make a nice balanced snack for a few days.

It may look confusing, but it is actually simple. I just looked up the foods in his list. I had to figure my own yogurt and the avocado from his formula sheet. Both are F+. As long as I basically keep the balance, I should do fine. I am not going to fret much if I am not perfectly balanced. But I want to be sure I am not overly P or overly F day after day.

By the way, I am still tracking all my foods, but not paying much attention to the calories now. I just like to see what goes in my mouth. Besides, it makes it easy to see if the foods fit in the F, P, N ranges that way. I would like to get a handle on the things I eat and how they rate. I know that after a few weeks of this, I should be able to figure things out by heart.