#26   ^
Old Sun, Dec-13-15, 07:05

Plan: atkins
Stats: 175/166/147 Female 5ft 5ins
BF:
Progress: 32%

Quote:
Originally Posted by esw
Guilt is so deflating. Like you Jo, I maybe felt uncomfortably full after overeating but it was guilt that caused most pain! However perhaps eventually, that became a positive? To be able to eat without guilt is so liberating and such a contrast. Now when planning eating I know I have a choice (guilt or liberation) no guessing what I choose. I just love

Anyway updating to give myself a pat on the head
Major victory today. I do miss a really tasty savoury Italian pasta dish. Make similar at home without the pasta but when dining out that choice isn't often available. You know the kind with chicken, chorizo, mushrooms cheese, herbs, cream and pasta. Plus some other delicious little additions that you can only get at an Italian style restaurant! Well after big day, xmas visiting elderly relatives, we called in at one of those restaurants on the way home. Just didn't fancy a steak which was the meatiest meal. Majority were either pasta based or chip or bun based. Went for the pasta with all the afore mentioned favourite ingredients. Ate all the o/p things and not one single piece of pasta. So chuffed and to be honest it wasn't a hardship. Really the pasta just bulks things up and without the tasty accompaniments, which I ate, it would just be a bland filler.
Really hit home that pasta, bread, potatoes, without savoury additions, are nothing more than fillers. Similar to what is added to sausages, animal feed and many more everyday items. Keep on keeping on.

Copying the above quote from my journal as it is a game changer for me, and it might help some others.
We are so used to eating real food with a filler! If we could get away from the fillers, not just because of the carb/ blood sugar effect but also to break the habit. A lot of our eating is habit, a learned response! We need to learn new permanent more appropriate eating habits. We can do this.