View Single Post
  #26   ^
Old Wed, Feb-12-03, 20:04

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 286/261/160 Female 5'8"
BF:BMI43.5%/39.7%/24%
Progress: 20%

I just wanted to say how inspired I was by each and every post here. A year is a heck of a long time. So much can change in our lives over a year. I know that for myself, I have a long ugly history of being in every weight loss program known to humankind. And I have failed at every one for the same reason.

I screw it up or get bored or quit losing or whatever. Then I quit going to the meeting, doctor, clinic, or whatever it was. I know for myself, that getting out of touch is a big red flag !!!!! I want to change that. I want to be here and post no matter how good or how poorly I am doing. Because that is the only way I will ever make it to my goal weight.

Even now, I find myself not wanting to post when I have had a rough time or done less than perfectly. Everytime I post and go around and visit my friend's journals, when I have messed up or am feeling blah about this, makes me stronger and keeps me going.

Without this forum, I don't think I would have made it this far. And I know that I won't make it another whole year without it. It keeps me honest, and provides me with support, encouragement and a good kick in the ass when I need it! Thank you all for being here. When I can eek out the time I am going to send each person who made the commitment a list of the others who did so we can keep track of each other this next year.

February 7th, 2004 is closer than we think! Cindi