#101   ^
Old Sun, Apr-15-07, 10:09

Plan: atkins, protein power
Stats: 230/137/130 Female 5'3"
BF:29%
Progress: 93%

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandGirl
Oooooh, I hear you on the lemon, I just adore lemon (and lime and grapefruit and all sorts of citrus)!

Hmmmmmm. Well, the acidity of the Torani Lemon was an easy bonus -- especially the 0-carb sweetening power -- in the Lemon Sorbet recipe I posted, but truly it can just be replaced with Lemon Juice and equivalent sweetener...

I haven't yet got to the protein boosted Lemon Sorbet, but that's because I haven't yet cracked that new big container of LemonAid flavour Protein Powder, one of those new "juice" transparent powders out there right now. The guy in the supplement store (a bodybuilder, but hey, I'll talk to anybody about food ) promises me it's very tart and lemon-y, and even told me about HIS chef friend who whipped up a sugarfree sorbet with the stuff when I told him what I wanted to do. Party-pooper.

I've also taken the lemon and the butter in and out of the fridge for days, meaning to get to a side by side of the LC LowCal Lemon Curd vs. merely LC Lemon Curd...but still working at the timing. But on that note, my first reaction is no, don't use a Lemon Curd (a custard as you rightly point out) as a base for a sorbet, though I think it would make a FAB swirl through a Lemon Zested scream, yum-O! I always think of sorbets (or is it sherbets?) as dairy-free, closer to a Granita...but I could be wrong. Why not whirl up a small batch in the ice cream gizmo and see? You just may have something there and I could be all wrong. Experimenting and pushing the boundaries is way fun...

You sound spot on about the definitions of sorbets. . .don't know what I was thinking. . .just know I was thinking with my taste buds. . .

I have NOT made dairy free sugar free. . .don't know the science about that. . .

The swirl idea does sound just about perfect. . .lemon zested scream. . .now I gotta dig that out of the thread. . .and wait 13 days !

Aside: Why does it have to be so hard to stay "healthy?" I work at this WOL, but although it works, it "ain't" easy! Beats the alternative, though!
Janie