#100   ^
Old Sun, Apr-15-07, 10:02

Plan: atkins, protein power
Stats: 230/137/130 Female 5'3"
BF:29%
Progress: 93%

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandGirl
Hey, bigmomma, are you looking for help with BettyR's premium scream? I'm not sure what you're saying. Have you actually made this one yet with the not/Sugar and without so much PDX? Not per the ingredient list you're posting...

I DO note that you've got about 950ml (~ 4 C) of dairystuff in that recipe with all that PDX, a full Cup!...my recipe works fine with a lot less PDX, and some glycerine, plenty scoopable. The "base" is pretty much it, what I use for vanilla ice cream (before adding all that chocolate stuff, just increase the sweetener a bit and the vanilla) and it's over a liter of dairystuff with only about max 4 Tbsp of the PDX in the 'syrup' I keep to hand and use in the recipe. You cold use that base with either the glycerine or the not/Sugar, and I'm pretty sure it would turn out happyhappy! I use this base for just about everything...

You're the first to get the "big momma" reference to my on-line name, although I hope that now it refers more to a "great" momma Roman goddess kind of like "mother nature." Guess you can tell what I do for a living! Yep, I'm a Latin teacher!

Yes, I have been making versions of BettyR's scream. I have been using 1/2 c. PDX and a T. of Not Sugar. . .and it is good, but not as screamingly good as the full cup which unfortunately is NOT acceptable to my constitution or neighborly at all.

My ice cream experiments need to be weekend ones like yours. . .and after I reinduct again! Although I am gathering info for that time!

I will order the glycerine if I don't find it at my local candy making section of the craft store. . .

Thanks!