View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Fri, May-21-04, 20:29

Plan: Paleo
Stats: 322/240/140 Female 5'6''
BF:I have no idea
Progress: 45%

I'm not really doing anything so special, I do exercise for about 30 minutes twice a day. (I go for a walk and ride a stationery bicycle.) The first time in the day when I exercise I make sure to not eat first. (Trainer Dan suggested this in an old post.)

Other than that, I have managed to kick my popcorn habit when I upped my fats. I know that popcorn isn't paleo, but I was just craving it like crazy, couldn't kick it for a month until I upped my fats.

The only thing I can say is that I seem to only be able to control my cravings when I am close to an Atkins Induction paleo style. I eat meat and veggies primarily, a few almonds each day 10-15 (in the Fat Flush book, she said they helped burn fat enough of an excuse for me). I have tried to add berries, but all I do is pig out on them.

Typical menu:

Breakfast: 8 oz turkey or hamburger with mayo (I can't start off with carbs or I try to eat all day) I also cook once each week and then pull it out of the freezer.

Lunch: Salad with a can of either tuna or salmon with a mayo based dressing or oil and lemon juice, (just depends upon my mood that day)

Dinner: 3 chicken thighs and half a can of a veggie. (usually spinach)

If I get hungry later, I will eat another hamburger.

I pretty much don't vary this much. I like a lot of foods I can't afford, but they are like only a once a week or a month foods.

If I indulge, I try to make it in a CAD type of meal. If I try to eat something without protein with it or first, I induce cravings.

I do this about four days a week. The other three I am usually on the road (I am a conference speaker) and just try to make the best choices I can as many of my meals are furnished for me and I am trapped in a hotel without transportation. This is why I adopted the CAD meal. It helps me keep eating in perspective.

If I didn't have the three days a week with a different variety, I don't know if I could keep up the strict eating on the other four. I don't lose weight when I am on the road, only when I am eating as I posted above. Marty