Thread: Avocado fast
View Single Post
  #49   ^
Old Wed, Sep-23-15, 06:12

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

An avocado fat fast is my version of a solution with a perfect food. I eat a few avocados a week when I'm not fasting. I've been successful with a zero calorie approach having water, tea, and sometimes black coffee only, so I'm reluctant to add calories. Being in ketosis, I'd like to continue to feed on my own fat reserves without introducing exogenous fat.

The protein discussion is interesting. I've been attempting to find the sweet spot for me. One example is when I grill a steak that I plan to eat half for dinner and the other half the next day in a salad. Many times, that steak is gone and never sees the light of another day! However, I do notice I stay satiated longer in those cases and don't seem to leave ketosis or put on weight. It's particularly good the night before starting a fast, as it keeps me satisfied through the first day, and after that, my hunger is completely manageable. I suppose the best way for me to find this protein sweet spot is for me to weigh portions and maintain a 70 gram protein per day portion for a week to determine how I feel and determine whether it impacts weight, then increase to 90 grams the following week for a comparison. N=1, yet, I realize that how protein influences one is strictly a personal metabolic function and the sweet spot for each individual varies. I do feel great when I'm eating more, but I haven't restricted my protein intake to determine whether that feeling is purely a function of protein quantity or fat quantity or both.