Thread: CNS Followers
View Single Post
  #34   ^
Old Mon, Jul-04-16, 17:57

Plan: VLC
Stats: 331.8/182.0/175 Female 68.5"
BF:
Progress: 96%

Thank you HoneyPie for such a nice comment. I agree with you on the importance of learning how to handle situations where you find yourself amongst carbs. Those of us who have lived without them for so long seem to develop a phobia against them. I am one of those. And I must admit that since I started CNS, I have learned that carbs are Not my enemy like I thought they were. I CAN handle them. True - you do gain a few lbs after a Carb Nite, but it is only water retention which does drop once you enter ketosis again. The freedom of having a Carb Nite once a week is very therapeutic, once you know that you are NOT gaining fat the day after - simply water weight from the storage of the glycogen in your muscles. If you are willing to ignore the ups & downs of the CNs, then it is easier to accept the slower losses. And slower losses are always better than NO losses at all. This program is great for breaking the dreaded plateau! Also - with CNS, the terrible guilt of "cheating" is gone. Your CN is required once a week, so go ahead and enjoy it!

And on that note, I have decided to have my CN tonight after all. My boyfriend wanted to make the bean burritos tonight, so I agreed and had a couple. I also made a blueberry cobbler and had a sizeable chunk of that with Cool Whip. So my CN is done for the week. I know I was not down to my previous low from last week yet, but I am not going to fret about it. I made my decision and I will follow my low carb week cycle again starting tomorrow. At least I am keeping the hormones flowing. I need to keep that in mind. It is the reason this plan works. And Keifer said it is very important to not skip your CNs. I went 7 full days of ultra low carb, and it was time for the CN. So I just did it.

I hope you all have a great night!