View Single Post
  #44   ^
Old Wed, Jun-22-16, 13:41

Plan: LC--Atkins
Stats: 195/162/150 Female 62in
BF:
Progress: 73%

Hi, You Two! It's too hot to get out of the house today, so I'm surfing Lowcarber to see what I can find. Looks like there's a place for me here at Pre-maintenance. Or maintenance as the case may be.

Quote:
Now none of my co-workers, neighbors, fellow church members, and many of my family have never seen me fat.
I get this! I was at my highest weight (near 200) for a brief period of time (2-3 years) in the 90s. For my 50th birthday, I gave myself the gift of ME, and lost 50 lbs. So I've been basically not fat, or less fat, since 1996. Low-carb since about 2003, with ups and downs.

Nobody knows the trouble I see...!
Quote:
People have no idea how hard it is to stay on a food plan- - not a diet - a food plan, for years and years and years.
Clearly you do know.

My weekly weigh-in would not be that interesting, as my weight remains quite steady, even as I continue my efforts to get back to my adult low of somewhere around 135. And to stay there! Right now, I'm in a range of 147-151, and it's very annoying to go up/down/up/down. But...also motivating.

More than ever, I experience LC as a lifestyle. Temptations, addictions, exceptions are not so much in the picture, although I do fall into eating habits that I need to shake up regularly.

Maintenance is pretty boring compared to Whooshes and Non-Scale Victories and crossing over into new low decades. But in the end, it's all that matters, all that we work for and aim for.

So...here's to us!