View Single Post
  #48   ^
Old Sun, May-31-09, 22:47

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 160/103/115 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 127%

Demi, great post on "Keys to Success." Learning how to say no. To others, to ourselves.

I still miss pizza. And samosas, and naan, and crusty french bread. That's where I say no to myself, and I do allow the occasional indulgence with tempura and the tiniest piece of naan with an Indian dinner. I miss not being "normal," too. I have a business lunch coming up this week, and I'll have to haul my own food, as usual, because it will be sandwiches and juice. You have to get over the "Why can't I just show up and eat like everyone else?" You can't. Just like a diabetic cannot casually have chocolate cake on their birthday. There you have it.

What I don't miss is being fat and all the problems that go along with that: poor self-image, difficulty doing things I love like hiking and skiing, knee and back problems, high blood pressure, insulin resistance, and potential cardio problems, to name a few.

I'm still thinking about whether I regard myself as "broken." I am hypothyroid, so I know that my immune system is screwed up. And I don't seem to handle carbs (sugar, in particular) the way others do. I guess I do think I have a problem. But LC eating has been a good way to address it.