View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jun-25-04, 15:47
Plemorphist

Plan: Schwarzbein Principle II
Stats: 150/129/130 Female 5' 5"
BF:??%/??%/ 22%
Progress: 105%

Sorry about the coffee. When I did the candida diet, I gave it up and had Essiac tea every morning and peppermint tea other times both sans sweeteners. Olive oil & lemon juice dressing is good. 3 parts oil to 1 part lemon juice and add your favorite herbs. I like sea salt, thyme & tarragon. You can make gravy for your meats if you don't like them dry. Just take drippings from the pan, skim off extra fat and thicken it with a small amount of corn starch or other thickening agent. Season to taste. You don't really need anything else in it as long as they are tasty pan drippings. You could also try making a homemade salsa. I love it on my burgers. Then there would be no vinegar in it and there could also be fewer tomatoes. And no, I don't think butter is really dairy. It's milk FAT. I don't think there is any lactose in it, which is what you're not supposed to have. If you want to ween yourself off the coffee, try taking it with just a little heavy cream. It has the highest fat content so you don't need but a little and it tastes great without added sweetener. There is a lot of stuff at the beginning of my journal, feel free to look. Candida is what brought me here a year ago. Here's a good site too: http://www.candidapage.com HTH!!