Old Wed, Oct-18-06, 00:30
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunpines
ooh, that sounds yummy, especially with Karen's recommendation. Did you ever get any, Jude? I see they're sold out now. I wouldn't mind going in on some with you if and when they get new stock.

Karen or anybody, how long can you keep unsweetened chocolate in the fridge or freezer?

Hey, there, Anny!

To my knowledge, unsweetened chocolate (or any chocolate, I think) is stored airtight at room temperature, and up to 18 months... Cool, dry cupboard should do the trick. I'm pretty sure the condensation/moisture buildup from refrigeration is "degrading" to the chocolate.

And no, I haven't yet got any of the big block (excellently priced, too); that whole project went on the back burner as I still have a fair assortment of chocolates to use up -- though I did recently "score" 5 lbs of Criollo Cacao Nibs & Nuts, couldn't resist the price! I use them for unsweetened chocolate "chips"; Karen put me (and the rest of us) on to that some time ago!

What proportion of the block would you be interested in?

edit: from the horse's mouth re the storage of the Absolu Noir (in pastille form but the principle is the same):
Shelf life
24 months

Storage
Store 18-20°C, max. 60% relative humidity. Ensure bag is always properly closed.