#5   ^
Old Tue, Nov-29-16, 13:27

Plan: low carb
Stats: 171/125/145 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 177%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha22
Funny thing is that I struggle to eat salad these days as I really haven't found a good combo I like. "Cheeseburger salad" used to be a staple before ditching animal products, there really isn't anything like ranch dressing!

What kinds of foods do you like? Maybe we can reinvent them.

For ranch, I know there are some vegan brands like
Organicville that make ranch. Not sure on how healthy the ingredients are, but I bet you can make a healthy vegan "ranch."

I also think you should branch out and create new favorites instead of trying to mimic old.

For example, what about grilling romaine and topping with roasted beets, sunflower seeds, roasted Brussels and bell peppers and topping with olive oil, sea salt and a scoop of hummus?

For a Mexican salad- chopped romaine, sautéed onions and peppers/portobello cap/ zucchini, etc.... Plus salsa and avo and guac. You could also add some black beans.

For a burger salad, make up ranch dressing. Chop greens and top with roasted bell pepper slices, sautéed mushrooms and onions, chopped dill pickle, chopped tomato, and a veg burger on top?
Personally I prefer making a giant lettuce bun for a veggies burger with my toppings, but it's just my preference.
On the side, I love to make jicama "French fries" and dip them in sf catsup!

How about a BLT salad with spinach, smokey tempeh strips, tomato slices, avocado and making an aioli with vegan mayo and garlic?