Old Sun, Sep-23-12, 02:46

Plan: Vegetarian
Stats: 208/190/168 Male 70 inches
BF:
Progress:
Default Stevia problem. Help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsheridan
Nobody in the Newbies area told me there was a vegetarian thread on this forum. Hurray! So happy. And Rose Elliot was my introduction to possibly doing low carb while staying a vegetarian. Great cookbook! Although I do wish some of her measurements made more sense for an American audience.

And I do NOT recommend her chocolate muffins if you make them with Stevia. Horrible after taste.

I have found Rose Elliot's book really useful too. I used to hate tofu but she has one or two good recipes with it which I use regularly. I tend to avoid cakes, except when I am doing a LOT of exercise but I bought a shedload of stevia powder for my breakfasts (I live in Spain and it's not easy to get here) and I have given up on it. I find it has a very bitter taste whatever I do with it. The problem is getting the dose right. Mostly I use sweetener for my porridge. I do a carb-cycling diet, so it's eggs, mushrooms and spinach one day and porridge the next for breakfast. Any help with how to get the dose of stevia right would be VERY welcome, because this stuff is not cheap!