View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Sun, Mar-18-07, 16:06

Plan: LC combo
Stats: 223/211/150 Female 5ft.4in.
BF:
Progress: 16%
Default Some "fishy advice

Hi, Karen! Here in Ohio, I only have access to Atlantic salmon or, horrors, farm-raised salmon! I dearly want my husband to try salmon - he just thinks it's too strong and I'm wondering what would be a good way to prepare it for a non-believer!!! I'm wondering if a tossed salad with a bit of grilled salmon might work?? Start him off with something small in case he doesn't like it? I make wicked good salmon cakes (canned Alaska salmon can be bought locally) but I'm not sure he'll eat them. I love them for breakfast with a light cream cheese sauce.

My MIL always made salmon cakes from canned salmon and they were "strong" and not terribly appealing but I did choke them down on vacations there. That's his only experience with salmon. I can see why he doesn't like it, if that's all he knows. MIL is a decent cook, just not with salmon! It's almost the only item she doesn't make well - other than the idea that food that is good (healthy) for you has to be...bland. FIL has GBS and MIL has diabetes - she still thinks seasonings, outisde of salt and pepper, is not a good idea. But it's edible food. I do a lot of cooking when we travel to see them.

In any case, short of shipping Pacific salmon, what would you recommend? Thanks!
Sponsored Links