#109   ^
Old Sun, May-06-18, 05:38

Plan: P:E=>1 (Q3-22)
Stats: 168/100/82 Male 182cm
BF:
Progress: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by khrussva
Nice post, Thud. I don't always 'get' your philosophies, but I sort of got that one. I'm in a minimal struggle, take life as it comes zone right now. The cup is more than half full. Nice place to be.

Thanks for the visit Ken! I don't get my philosophies either, most don't make sense and I just write stuff down as I think of it. They spring from a mish mash of what I hear, what I read and what I've experienced to be true for myself. Taking life as it comes is a good place to be, struggling is optional when you realize there's nothing to struggle with after applying acceptance to what is. Things change on their own without much self volition. Try to stop from getting old. Try to stop from getting sick. Try to stop from dying. I am not ultimately in control and as I have heard said it is because the concept of "I" is false as something that exists. There is a body that exists in space and time but the thing I consider "I" or me appears to be an activity - something that changes over time and can not be pin pointed in space, captured in time, measured or weighed.

This activity that I might call me has been conditioned by what has come before. So with that in mind I'm trying to train it today, the only day I can do anything about my future, with stuff that might be beneficial to myself and there by others, to resolve the suffering that comes from knowing that "I" (pun intended) am growing old, will get sick, and eventually, die.

This is OK.

So yesterday I went fishing so I didn't have to think about stuff like this. I only had to think like a fish for a while haha! Distractions are ok I think but when I think about this one it do injure fish, oh well. Plenty of work to do on living well.