View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jan-23-18, 11:38

Plan: Atkins Concept
Stats: 225/190/175 Male 70.5"
BF:
Progress: 70%

Thanks again Walnut,

I have only tried the stevia in tea, but that makes sense, a cup of green tea is so mild if made right, or bitter like when I double up the tea bags and let sit in the cup while drinking, on purpose. The stevia would overpower the mild and would need so much of it to fight the bitterness of a strong cup. Totally makes sense.

I do know of many of the side effects of the erythritol, I was just searching for your personal experience or anyone you know. We are all so different and side effects listed on products could have nothing to do with the product...like the drug commercials on TV that tell you people have experienced the Flu while taking the drug...duh! But the drug cannot cause the flu! Everyone's mileage may vary...

If your husband likes spicy food and is looking for a way to eat as much as possible yet tame it, there is something I have discovered in authentic szechuan cooking. Its szechuan pepper. Its actually the dried berry (I think) of the prickly ash tree or bush. Its the ingredients they use when you look at an authentic Chinese menu and they refer to "hot and numbing". The szechuan pepper is a numbing spice...its really a trip and awesome, but some people dont care for the flavor and sensation. I love it. It has a floral spice flavor and the numbing is what blocks the heat receptors from the capsicum. You can eat insanely spicy stiff and only sweat "reasonably". It doesn't seem to help on the way "out", if you know what I mean...so...I'll take the heat and deal with the consequences!

What a shame you keep bees and cant eat honey! Life's little injustices are many and varied, that's for sure. It triggers you to binge on carbs huh? That's what I'm worried about with booze. When I start enjoying my liquor (no carbs but does come with calories) I'm going to have to have some low carb eats handy for the alcohol munchies. Not only does booze get its calories burned in first priority over fat in the body, but it causes serious cravings to eat...when one needs to do the opposite to make up for the alcohol calories and actually take in less carb calories to compensate.