Old Tue, Nov-05-13, 19:38
Living LaVita LoCarb

Plan: 40% 40% 20%
Stats: 292/242/160 Female 64 inches
BF:Next mini goal 225
Progress: 38%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldahling

Last time I lost 70 pounds (50 yrs old then) and got quite sick of peoples opinion on what I ate. Now I plan to just mumble something about watching portions and if pushed, I may say I am allergic or gluten i tolerant or other such nonsense. Its easier than explaining all the time. I hope a simple "I can't eat that" will often suffice too.
What do other people do?
Do you defend or explain low carbing? Avoid the topic? Lie?

Like you, when I was in my 50's I got extremely tired of people commenting on what I ate. I worked with doctors and other medical people and they all had an opinion. Back then, no one really believed if you were gluten intolerant; which is silly, some of the books I've read indicate this has been known for years. So, last year at the age of 56 I had to have a colonoscopy with biopsy's of some areas; and some kind of other testing he did at the same time. And lots of blood work. Mine came up that I do not have celiacs but I am absolutely intolerant to wheat, barley, rye. It is extremely difficult to do this type of weight loss program without getting negative feed back from some.

I am soooo looking forward to some of my health issues clearing up. I have wanted to be back on this program for sooooo long. It's getting started that is the hard part. Day three for me. It's been hard and I've been so grumpy today. I know this will pass; and I warned my husband.