Thread: Over 50
View Single Post
  #93   ^
Old Sun, Aug-10-03, 13:27

Plan: general low-carb
Stats: 194/184/145 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 20%

Fat, I noticed that too and got a big chuckle out of it! I look forward every day to what new picture you'll have!

Joyce, thank you for the compliment, but, I always wonder if I do deserve this. I feel blessed to have a spot on this earth where I feel totally 'me'. I had never felt like I 'belonged' anywhere before. Always felt sort of like a misfit, if you know what I mean. Then we found this place and I found 'me' here.

But...it's just a piece of property is what I have also discovered. The true 'me' goes anywhere and everywhere that I go. It just took a lot of years to figure that out. I wouldn't want to, but I could walk away from this place tomorrow and know that the real 'me' will go along inside me. Does that make sense?

I spent so many years being an enabler to Jim's drinking that I forgot to grow as a person. When he stopped drinking, I started growing...actually WE started growing...and that is an on-going process now. Truthfully, I would love to see a young family have this place. It needs kids on it ALL the time, not just when the G-kids come to visit. The kids all want it but we've told them that NONE of them will get it because it would cause problems for the other two. Fortunately, they all understand our reasoning and agree with us.

Nance