View Single Post
  #53   ^
Old Thu, Jul-31-03, 11:59

Plan: Schwarzbein
Stats: 169/154/150
BF:
Progress: 79%

Hi (purring) Isa

Dr. Christina Northrup discusses this on her website so you may want to take a look. I believe I read somewhere that women who loose their libido have low testosterone levels. This apparently can be remedied easily with an application of topical testosterone cream. So maybe because your in the Big M and estrogen is diminishing, so are your testosterone hormones. The link to her website is:
http://www.drnorthrup.com/ - you may find the info you need.

Before menopause I never had mood swings - NEVER. I was the proverbial "happy camper". Then I hit menopause and one minute I was estatic, the next minute I was angry and wanted to rip somebody's head off, and the next I was weepy - I felt totally out of control. The hot flashes were bad too. I could feel them coming on and I would unbutton the cuffs of my blouse and undo the neck and slip off my shoes to try and cool down. I tried to do this very quietly because I work with mostly men and I was self-concious. A few minutes later I would get cold and I would button up everything and put back on my shoes. Within 5 minutes I'd get another hot flash - I mean I was unbuttoning and taking off shoes and clothes fast than a stripper.

HRT keeps me sane! I am going to take in the printout from Dr. Northrup's page and give it my doctor and request he change my estrogen. I am already on the progesterone she recommends. I am going to try and stay on HRT for about another 4 years, then I will be 60, hopefully retired and through the Big M.

Hope you find help on her website.

Just my opinion but I believe that women, like men, as they age, need a bit more "warm up" time to get them in the mood to do "it".

I know this is completely off topic but are there any women in this forum who's husbands and/or partners have had prostate cance with the prostate being removed? If there are would you be willing to e-mail me privately so we could dialoge about this a bit. I would be most appreciative.